EDI at a Glance
EDI includes the following applications and processes:
- SAP R/3
- EDI with suppliers using EDIFACT
- WEB EDI
- SAP R/3 KANBAN Process
- EDI Communication via the GXS VAN
A "Getting Started Guide" is available for the Delphi Automotive Systems EDI Program. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader, version 4.0 or higher to view the file. You can download Acrobat Reader here.
Project Information and Supplier Requirements
Suppliers must communicate electronically utilizing the EDI standard. Suppliers must be capable of electronically receiving the following EDI EDIFACT messages:
- DELFOR - Weekly Planning Schedules (similar to the ANSI 830 message)
- DELJIT - Daily Shipment Plan (similar to the ANSI 862 message)
- APERAK - Application Error and Acknowledgement (like ANSI-824)
- CONTRL - Acknowledgement/Rejection Notice (like ANSI-997)
- RECADV - Receiving Advice (like ANSI-861)
- GENRAL - General Purpose (like ANSI-864)
- ORDERS - Purchase Order (like ANSI-850)
- ORDCHG - Purchase Order Change Request (likeANSI-860)
Suppliers must be able to electronically send the following EDI EDIFACT messages:
- DESADV - Advanced Shipment Notification (similar to the ANSI 856 message)
- CONTRL - Acknowledgement/Rejection notice (like ANSI-997)
Note: Testing will only be conducted on the DELFOR/DELJIT and the DESADV. Suppliers are responsible for being able to process the APERAK/CONTRL/RECADV on their own.
Suppliers must complete the EDI certification testing with the Delphi EDI Certification team. All Delphi EDI will be transmitted to and from the GXS Value-Added Network (VAN). Delphi will no longer be providing EDS*Elite mailboxes to their suppliers. Suppliers have three connectivity options when conducting EDI with Delphi:
· Suppliers may either continue to utilize their EDS mailbox at their own expense
· Purchase a mailbox directly on GXS
· Interconnect to GXS using a VAN of their choice
Small volume suppliers not capable of conducting EDI with Delphi may discuss possible alternate solutions with their EDI Certification team member.
The EDI standards are in place to eliminate manual processing at the plants. Failing to send advance ship notices will not be tolerated, and may result in cost recovery / PR & R actions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Suppliers may review the Frequently Asked Questions document for more information about EDI.